Work was work but I have managed to make a habit out of staying up into the wee hours of the morning to work on organizing the house. When Brian's home he makes sure I go to bed on time, which is great, but it also means that we've lived here for about 7 weeks now and still don't have everything put away. My goal is the Kentucky Derby so I can maybe invite my office people over for the race. Brian built us a nice Aspen bookshelf that is now fully loaded, as well as two bookshelves of DVDs, another smaller bookshelf of books, and still more books to put in a closet someplace. Did I mention that we have 2-3 editions of Organic Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy, Physics, Genetics, and several other science type text books? Think that has something to do with the lack of book space.... haha... nerds! But we only keep the ones that we think we might need again. I'll spare you the details of our library but if you ever need a good read for you or your kids just let us know, we're happy to share! I have also managed to get both guest beds cleared off and made up with fresh sheets so we do actually have a place for company to sleep. So really the only thing that remains is organizing stuff in closets and hanging the remaining pictures. As soon as that's done I will post some pictures (May 3rd...?!)
| [Birthday Breakfast] |
| [Sushi Chef] |
| [The China is Finally Used for Fancy Sushi!] |
Sunday was complete with a church service from livingstoneskona.com which is a church my Mom has been to and had great reviews on. I've seen a few of the sermons now and really enjoy them. They are about 45 min (better than the regular 20 min sermon you often find in church) and they really dive into the meaning of the scripture. This weeks was about love and the different types of people God asks us to love in all types of relationships - co-workers, boss, politicians, spouse, siblings, etc. The pastor talked about how it isn't our job to change people, that God is the only one that can change people so we are just supposed to love them at the stage they are at (ie us Type-As shouldn't be trying to fix people). Anyway, it was a good sermon to hear, especially considering that we didn't wake up until we were supposed to be leaving for church, oops! Brian and I were also able to have our staff meeting which has been a great addition to our married life. We try to have this meeting once a week (when we're both at home that is) to discuss anything on our to-do lists such as finances, school, house stuff, vacations, big devotional topics that need more dedicated time, issues that we might be having, weekly menu, etc. It's just a great time to have set aside with no distractions to focus on topics that need covered. Brian has found that it works really well (and well for me in turn) because he doesn't like to be randomly bombarded with some of those topics. If he has a time set aside that he knows they will be discussed than he can come mentally prepared. Like I said, it's been a great feature for us so far. Now if we could just quit dividing our time between different locations....
No comments:
Post a Comment