What a busy week or two! In an effort to be productive at work I decided that I needed to start going in early with the thought that I would also leave early. Not so. Haha, guess I was more productive (or something) than I planned to try to be. But it's ok because we did get a lot done. I got to do my first real FOD walk, twice. The bus that was supposed to pick us up at the other end wasn't there so that flight line is super clean now! This past week we had some Army guys jumping out of planes onto our base. I was out running one night as they were coming in and I don't know how many guys jumped but there were a LOT of C-130s and C-17s flying low and slow right over our house (we're on the end of the flight line) which was pretty cool to see. Air Power!
I was also able to get some good rides in on my horses. Gypsy saw the vet again for her sore hock/back/ribs/hip. It turned out that there wasn't anything out of place and we decided to inject her hock. For those of you who don't know, this is a pretty common practice in performance horses that use their back-end a lot as the joint can wear out. It was injected with steroids, antibiotics and hyaluronic acid. Her joint was dry hen he stuck the needle in so good call. She already seems to be feeling better as when I turned her lose the other night she galloped off for the first time since we've been here. I also barrel raced Candela Fri night for the first time in about 2 years. She did great! She was pretty excited and our first turn was a little wide, our second turn a little tight (I hit the barrel with my leg) but the third was perfect, haha. Our time was decent all things considered. I just need to do a better job of riding her and getting her around her two blind turns, that second barrel is always a problem for us but we'll get there. The best part is that I had a good time and got to chat with some friends while I waited to run. :-)
I left bright and early Sat to drive up to Charleston to spend the weekend with Michelle and Steve and see Dylan's (my nephew) baptism. It was a good trip, complete with Brian's parents making the trip from Colorado to be there too. We got to walk around Charleston a little on Sat and they have a very pretty church with a real nice pastor. Minus the long drive I'd call it a success, just wish Brian could have made it! He's been busy studying for Biology and SOS. Two more weeks till he's home! Dylan sure is getting big though! He's now 5 months old and is very interested in the world around him. He's also teething so he has his moments, haha.
I was able to catch up with my Mom and sister on my drive home today. Then I got back and saw Cari's Facebook status picture of how she's already showing her pregnancy - crazy! Can't wait for her and Jason to get down here and visit in 3 weeks. And I can't wait for my Mom and Dad to be back from Hawaii and to hopefully see them sometime soon! I'm tired of living by myself and so far from family! Like I said, at least Brian will be home soon though!! And next weekend is the Kentucky Derby!!! I thought I'd have a party but my house isn't ready so maybe for the Preakness... No matter, I'll still make yummy food and drinks and wear a floppy hat for the occasion :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment