Brian and I had a great 5 Year Anniversary trip to Savannah. We stayed at a B&B, got a private carriage tour of most of the historic district, ate some great food, had some great drinks, and most of all, spent a quality weekend together. The highlights were the carriage tour, dinner at the Pink House, ice cream at Leopold's, and all the awesome site-seeing! I can't wait to go back!
| On our carriage ride |
Brian got me a great GPS watch for running, complete with a heart rate monitor. I've been enjoying putting some miles on it and learning to train to heart rate. All-in-all it's working out pretty well I think. I had to push myself to the max to determine my true max heart rate but now that that's out of the way it should be smooth running... I'm signed up for a race in Oct that I'm looking forward to. I also have found a pretty good balance between running and lifting for now and am down 6.8 pounds so far. Plenty more where that came from but at least I'm now moving in the right direction :-)
My kiddos are doing ok. I have been battling rain rot on both of my horses for about 2 months now :-/ Candela seems to be over it for now but poor Gypsy is still fighting it. She will be spending her days in a stall now so that some of the rain will stay off of her and we can hopefully get ahead of it for her too. In other news, Gypsy is finally over her back leg lameness!! I specify back leg because both of my girls are now sore on their fronts because of all the rain we've had and it making their feet to soft. Geesh, totally opposite set of problems here compared to Colorado! Abby is her usual, Labrador self **exceptionally happy to see everyone**!
Next week Brian and I are going to get to visit some family and enjoy a few days of cooler air - we can't wait! Brian has been studying hard and I've been doing more thinking about what to do with my life. Getting closer to a solid idea, next step will be making the plan! We've been reading "Purpose Driven Life" and it has really helped channel my thoughts already, looking forward to what God has in store for us :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment