13 June 2013

From to Much Rain to Not Enough

What a weekend/week! Last weekend it finally quit raining (we had a tropical storm pass through that dumped about 10 INCHES of rain!) and Brian and I went to a barrel race on Sat. I took Candela and she did really well, I just didn't ride her well enough into the first barrel, *sigh*. Next time! We took it easy all weekend for the most part - saw a movie, had some FroYo, mowed some grass.
On Monday I took Gypsy to a new vet down in Thomasville, about an hour away. She's been lame on her back left since Jan. We did nerve blocks all the way up her leg, X-rays of two different joints, and I was there for 6 hours! The results were inconclusive - SO FRUSTRATING!!! We ended up injecting her stifle but are not to optimistic about that helping. If it doesn't work (I'll know in about a week) then I have two options - stem cell therapy or just leave it and turn her into a broodmare. Obviously the ideal situation would be for the injection we just did to work so prayers there please! She's so much fun to ride, I would love to just be able to ride her, doesn't even have to be barrel racing.
This week has been super busy! Tuesday was my Mom's 60th Birthday - Happy Birthday Mom!!! Us kids got her a few things and Dad took her up to Estes Park to stay at the Stanley for a night. I've had a successful week with my eating and working out and am continuing to drop weight - yay me! Brian is still waiting to hear if he'll be deploying next month... Should know more in about 2 weeks. 
Did I mention how HOT AND HUMID it is here? I'm sure I have.... but we hit the triple digits for the heat index this week - 102 yesterday and 103 today. I went to the barn real early this morning (still dark out) and it was 80 degrees and you could drink the air - ugh! Not helping Gypsy's rain rot that she developed a few days ago - yeah, it's so moist all the time that bacteria starts growing on a horses rump area that eats away at their skin. Not impressed with the South this week.
The real bad news of the week though is the terrible fires in Colorado - so, so sad! My in-laws are on the pre-evac list right now, again, for the second year in a row! Many prayers for rain for all of Colorado!!!
Lastly, in church this week the pastor talked about your purpose in life - are you on the path that God wants you on? Does your college degree line up with what God's intentions are or do you need to change everything, and in some cases start off on a completely new path? It was a point that has been good to contemplate through the week. Not a new idea, but something that warrants renewed thought from time to time. For myself, I'm pretty sure I'm on the wrong path and will be deviating from it soon. What the exact right path is, I'm not sure, but I have faith that God will show me when I get there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment