19 May 2013

Settled At Last

My goodness how time flies!! Brian came home the weekend of the Derby and we watched that together - Orb was fantastic! Then he came home for good the following weekend and between work and finishing up our house it's just been crazy! It's great finally having Brian home :-) Our house is all set up (except the garage) and it feels so good! I spent quite some time on my hands and knees pulling weeds the other day and cleaning out our cute little cherub fountain. We filled 3 trash bags with weeds! Of note, Georgia has soft, loose soil that makes pulling weeds SO much easier than my previous experiences. We have our lounge chairs and shade set up on the back porch so we can officially enjoy our great backyard. We invested in a cool indoor/outdoor rug for the patio that makes it seem a little more relaxing. Abby also has her wading pool in the backyard that I'm sure she'll enjoy as these hot days continue to stick around. It was in the 90s today, ugh! We have a new futon mattress on order due to the last one being ruined and our second guest room is all set up, complete with curtains. Bottom line, we're up and running and ready for visitors so if you find yourselves in the area please let us know, we'd love to have you stop in!

Speaking of visitors - Cari and Jason will be here TOMORROW to stay 5 days with us!! I can't wait! We haven't seen them since Feb when we went to Colorado for a ski trip and here they are, making a giant cross-country trip to visit us! We're going to have a great time and I will hopefully remember to write about it next week. 

I have also been able to log another barrel race aboard Candela. Both of my horses have made a great comeback and put on a lot of weight. Gypsy is still struggling with a lameness issue so I'm only doing light riding from time to time with her. But Candela has been great and her barrel race this weekend was a clean run. Not bad for her second run in less than a month after having not raced for 2 1/2 years! 


I have also been able to make gains in the health and fitness department. I have a great diet plan going that is really liberating in that I don't have to think about it all the time. My weight training is also going well, just looking to add more regular running back in. More on the specifics later, I'm just happy to report that it's going well for now :-)

Most importantly, Brian and I have just been enjoying spending time together, going on dates, hanging out, staying up way to late talking, and just loving being married again :-) Not that there was ever a break in marriage but it makes a huge difference to actually live together! We hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment