This week went by pretty fast. On Thursday my class took a trip out to the range and got to watch A-10s make some straffing runs, provide close air support, and drop some fake bombs, all pretty awesome. It was out in the middle of the Idaho BLM/grasslands/hills which was a nice break-away from the day-to-day classroom stuff we have to do. I do have a real appreciation for the JTACs on the ground calling in air support though. Depending on the situation I imagine it can be very stressful and they have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders.
| A-10s with a Rainbow - They're Growing on Me |
I have felt God's presence more this week, a lot due to my daily devotions. I'm working through "Jesus Calling," which is short and sweet but exactly what I need at this time in my life. I can sit down for 5 minutes in the morning before I walk out the door to hear God's word. One particular day, 17 March, stood out to me as it talked about God's all knowingness, grace, and how He heals as his light shines into those places that no one else sees. How we are to rejoice in the One who understands us completely. As God's love fills us, it overflows so that we can love others with His love. At this point I feel that I'm still working on being filled up myself, but there are those times that I know I'm full and that the love is overflowing to others. I just need to try to seal up the cracks so that I can fill up faster, haha. As our life moves forward though into this new phase, I can already see the cracks narrowing :-)
And the biggest news to share that I've been waiting for several weeks to share - my sister Cari and her husband Jason are expecting a baby! We're all very excited for this new addition to the Comerford and extended families! This little one is going to be very lucky to have such great parents and the opportunity to experience life in so many ways that many kids don't get to; it's going to be a great adventure! We pray for their health and safety and that once the baby arrives, that we can all provide a positive, Godly influence as he/she grows up!
No comments:
Post a Comment