That decision has since led to 3 assignments and a deployment for me, while Brian has had 4 assignments and 3 deployments; all that in 5 1/2 years. Yeah, crazy, I know!! Most of that was different places and times, thus the days apart I mentioned in my last post.
We are now happily, and thankfully, living together in South Georgia. The South is very different for us Colorado types but we're looking forward to exploring some of that part of the country while we're there. Maybe take in some plantations and beach time. And a bonus point, we are FINALLY within driving distance of my sister-in-law, Michelle, and her husband Steve and baby Dylan!! We've seen each other more in the last 2 months than we did in the last year and a half, haha. The other big highlight for me is that I was able to take my two horses, Candela and Gypsy, with us to Georgia. It has been quite the adjustment for them, leaving Colorado in the dead of winter and arriving in the warm South, but they are settling in. In fact, Brian has even been looking out for them while I'm up here in Boise :-) They are now both sound and almost done shedding so when I get back we will be hitting training hard and going to some barrel races; I can't wait!
Speaking of training... I've started a new training program myself - "The New Rules of Lifting for Women." I'm a little over a week into it and so far so good. The biggest challenge for me with any fitness program is eating healthy (mostly that darn yummy chocolate). This is a hurdle I'm attempting to conquer while here in Boise so I'm sure there will be more to come on that as well.
Until next time, ciao!
| The barn where I keep my horses just before I left. |
Nice job on your blog! I will put you in touch with Zach and Luke. Perhaps you could meet up with them sometime.
ReplyDelete