17 March 2013

St. Patty's Weekend

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I hope that you had a fantastic weekend and got to enjoy wearing some green and maybe eat/drink something Irish. My day was pretty uneventful, but that's not to say that I haven't had an enjoyable few days.

At the end of last week I got to go play "Army" for a few hours and check out some of their cool toys - tanks and artillery. Brian traveled to Baton Rogue Fri evening to visit family and drop Abby off until I get back to the South. She is apparently enjoying her vacation, complete with her own swimming pool that she won't stay out of :-)
In an ABRAMS Tank - They Put 5 Guys in Here!?!
I went on a snowboarding trip to Brundage which turned into more of a roadtrip. One of the guys in my class that I went with ended up having an accident on the first run that resulted in a trip down the road to the hospital. He ended up being fine but that took up most of the day. So while he was doing that, I decided to explore McCall, ID. It's a beautiful little town (and the drive there was great as well). It has a big lake with mountains coming out of it. Lots of little restaurants and shops to check out too. So the day was not a total loss by any means.

McCall, Idaho
I was able to wrap up my weekend with going to a nice little church this morning. It was good to go to a more traditional church and they had good music too. Got in a workout, boy it took some motivation to do that! I really just wanted to be lazy, haha. But I was glad I did, working out always gives me a more positive outlook and picks up my spirits. Brian made it safely to his home for the next 8 weeks - Alabama... and we all said "ugh!" God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment